Saturday, January 21, 2006


I have come to the conclusion that an interactive DVD is the way forward for me. This is simply fulfilling my brief by acting as a place to play. On the DVD will hopefully be a game which is partially interactive. At this moment in time I have come up with the idea that the game could be a series of videos. The game would be produced from the content of the videos. For example, I would film a scene from a train and speed it up with Premier. I could also involve graphics which could make the video a lot more aesthetically pleasing for the viewer(s). To keep the viewer interested I would also have a sound track accompanying the footage. After the initial video has been shown, I would then, graphically ask the viewers to write down how many train stations were passed(for example)... After a period of time answers would be revealed and points awarded. However, these scores would have to be written down by the viewers. The same process would then be repeated but with different pieces of video until the game is complete.

At this moment in time I do not yet know how to have the videos randomly selected so the game is not the same each time the video is played. Also I could play the same video but ask how many trains we passed(for example) to lower the amount of videos I would have to film and to also give the viewer a surprise as they might think they know what I will ask.

My plan is to produce a logo and obviously design a front cover for the DVD box and probably print a logo onto the Disk itself. I also plan to produce a moving introduction logo like that of 20th Century Fox(still - shown below). This is instantly recognizable in the film industry and appears at the beginning of every film they sponsor or produce. This is the aim of my logo, to be shown on every DVD I would produce within that company.

Thinking about an audience for my piece, it will probably be aimed at anyone from the age of 8yrs to 88yrs. The only limitation of this DVD is if the user is unable to use a DVD Player or are blind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home