Saturday, March 25, 2006

Before actually filming my DVD I drew up storyboards of exactly what I wanted to shoot on the day of filming. Not only did this help me on the actually day of filming, it also gave me the great idea of producing a copy of my DVD using the storyboards, to see how the shots when together. This idea originally came from watching a series of Gorillaz video’s where we seen the storyboard version and then seen the finished video. Watching the videos showed that even in the real world, the storyboards are only a guide line to what they really want and don’t always go to plan. Like wise with my storyboarding and my DVD, the storyboards where very useful but didn’t show good enough how it was really going to look. Although I had idea’s of how I wanted it to look in the end, I still wanted to try and put these ideas on paper, and prototype the video.

On the day of filming the storyboards gave me good direction of what I wanted to film, however it did prove difficult for many reasons for me to produce what I actually had originally put in the storyboards. Luckily enough the video did turn out in my favour and things that weren’t perfect I tried to amend in the editing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home